Our client, Fike, is a leading player in the field of explosion, fire and pressure protection for different types of industries and applications. The company serves multinationals in the food, (petro)chemical and pharmaceutical industry. The Belgian branch employs 120 people. This is a family-owned business, with worldwide operations.
Fike is a Herentals (Belgium)-based company with headquarters in the US.
As a Business Development Manager you provide guidance for all aspects of developing growth strategies and product management activities involving explosion protection products and services. You develop and manage a network of customer and industry experts and decision makers in the territory to position Fike as preferred supplier with all stakeholders that influence the buying decision (for example: purchasing, engineering, manufacturing, quality or other key personnel at existing and competitive accounts). You develop new business opportunities and launches new market development programs and market penetration strategies resulting in the realization of new business. The growth strategies could involve new technologies, new market opportunities, distribution channels, acquisitions, and/or strategic partnerships. You maintain, develop and optimize pricing strategy for the territory with direct manager. You develop project specifications to assist consulting engineers and OEM’s to promote Fike products in upcoming projects.
You maintain an understanding of all applicable standards and guidelines (for example: International Standards Organization (ISO) European CEN, ATEX directive, codes and requirements as they apply to explosion protection applications, National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) and other applicable explosion protection standards/ guidelines and local Authorities Having Jurisdiction (AHJ).
You collect and report information on all competitive activity, business opportunities, sales trends, and results within the assigned market providing input during business reviews. You provide guidance to Marketing Specialists to develop and execute the functional and strategic responsibilities of Product Management. You research product technology trends, and work with the Engineering department to ensure the technology meets current customer needs. You support the development of regional sales activities with the National Sales Managers and Sales Engineers.
You create, log and update planned activities, contacts, quotes, and documents in CRM, Salesforce.com (SFDC). You present regular funnel reviews utilizing SFDC to demonstrate the quality of the funnel, activity plans and command of the account base.
Travel: +60% (within Europe – ability to organize own diary)
- Bachelor or master degree in technical discipline with BA acumen, or an equivalent combination of education and experience in technical, sales, or marketing field.
- You have at least 5 years of successful previous experience in a similar role with end customer, EPC, OEM and contractor market – B2B experience in selling complex industrial products and solutions consistently meeting or exceeding targets.
- You have proven success in leading new product development efforts (hunter mentality). You show a strong self-initiative in the development of sales activities.
- Experience selling explosion protection, in a specific territory or to specific industries, is a strong asset.
- You are able to lead and influence individuals that are not direct reports.
- You have excellent interpersonal, negotiation and project management skills. You combine strategic planning skills with an analytical and critical approach.
- You are fluent in English, both verbal and written.
- You have proficient PC skills, especially in SFDC and Google G-Suite.
- You enjoy the richness of working in a multinational business.
- An open-minded, flexible and challenging work environment
- A working environment that encourages people to reach their maximum potential, both personally and professionally
- Permanent contract with competitive salary package based on your experience
- High level of flexibility – remote working
Please send us your CV and cover letter.
Phone: 0032/496 56 89 54
This recruitment is exclusively conducted by CurVita.
Acquisition to this vacancy is not appreciated.